Whether you’re using speech recognition or planning on it you’ll want to know about this microphone. The three most important things are accuracy, noise cancellation and comfort and the new SpeechWare FlexyMike Dual Ear Cardiod brings them all to the table. This is not another microphone designed for a different purpose such as singing or whispering that happens to work with speech recognition, this microphone was designed for speech recognition including but not limited to Dragon Medical, Dragon NaturallySpeaking (Premium, Professional and Legal, Windows Speech Recognition and Siri.
The FlexyMike Dual Ear Cardioid – DEC, is a lightweight (about 25 g./0.9 oz.) stainless steel headset microphone designed specifically for accurate, noise cancelling and comfortable speech recognition dictation, and other Voice dependent applications. Manufactured in the style of a traditional headband, the frame is covered with injected rubber protectors that covers both ears for maximum working comfort. An extremely flexible gooseneck and cardioid microphone, enables the consistent positioning of the microphone capsule and superior recognition accuracy with Dragon NaturallySpeaking. Special bundled Adapter for connection of the headset to iPhone/iPad/Android (CTIA recent models) Smartphones and Tablets. The cardioid capsule excels in delivering exceptional voice clarity with outstanding background noise rejection, making it especially suitable for mobile users and notebooks or tablets, especially when used with the SpeechMatic USB MultiAdapter for maximum performance.
To take full advantage of this microphone we strongly suggest adding a USB sound card.
- Headband style / wearing style is behind the neck and over both ears.
- Ultra Lightweight and most comfortable design for extended periods of dictation.
- High noise rejection cardiod microphone capsule.
- Rubber ear protectors / Flexible stay in place microphone boom.
- Short 1.5 m shielded cable for notebooks, laptops, and tablets.
- Long 2.5 m extension cable for Desktops.
- Spare windshield.
- Special iPhone / iPad / Android CTIA cable
- Back Electret Condenser Element
- Unidirectional Cardioid Polar Pattern
- Frequency Range: 50Hz ~ 18,000Hz
- Sensitivity: -66dB ± 3dB (0dB=1V/µbar@1KHz)
- Impedance: 1.500Ω ± 30% @ 1KHz (RL:2.2K, DC:1.5V)
- Operating Voltage: 1V – 10V
- Connector: standard 3.5 mm mono gold-plate plug
- Agency Approvals: FCE, CE, BC, IC
Nuance Gold Certified & BBB Accredited
KnowBrainer Speech Recognition Forums http://www.knowbrainer.com/forums/forum